Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Facebook Please!!!


It is no longer a surprise that I adore the social network "Facebook." I am one proof that some people do get mature and become more socially capable and inclined. As a Filipino teacher in a small city in Vietnam called Dien Bien Phu, I really love to keep things in perspective in order for me not to get bored. I often say that the internet is our only true window to the world and I believe this statement's "significance" is incontestable. Every time I miss something from my life in the Philippines, I rely on the memories that keep me positive and happy.

Fortunately, with the advent of texting, calling, voice and video chat, and social networks, we are able to get the closest thing to being physically unified with our friends and family, people that matter the most in our lives. It is no wonder that me and my Pinoy friends here in Vietnam are in utter dismay as problems occurred in Facebook in the past two days. "We are doomed," I uttered exaggeratedly. But aren't we? I mean as I've mentioned a while ago, the net is our window to the world and as of this moment, Facebook has been my clearest window to the world. I just hope that Facebook will return to its sanity soon before we lose ours. I've resorted to using my old Friendster account and opened a Twtter account to channel all my need for connecting with people. Still, Facebook is special and is irreplaceable for me at of this moment.

"Breathe in. Breathe out," I mindset myself as I believe that soon enough, everything will be all right. After all, they say that when life closes a window, it opens a door. Or was that the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment